Saturday, May 19, 2012

God Planning a Human Habitat


OK. Let’s see! I want a place for my humans to live.  A good way to start is to create a material universe of three dimensions plus time. This universe will follow set laws which I set up.

Now what will my humans need to have the foundational elements to live? I will create stars which will make heavier and heavier elements like oxygen, nitrogen and carbon. It will take three generations of star birth and death to create these basic elements for life. Therefore my humans will appear about 13 billion years into universe time. (That’s not very long at all to my way of thinking.)

Now, let’s see! My humans will need basic material for energy and other material to live in a civilization. I know! I will create their home ball (let’s call it a planet) about 3 billion years early before them. Then I will place much vegetation and animal forms upon this planet. This life form will live and die and live and die until the planet will have buried within it deposits which can be used by my humans to have energy and materials for civilization. They will need all the planet’s layers upon layers of past life in order to sustain their own. These earlier life-forms will be the source and foundation of human survival and civilization. From them my humans will have access to minerals, ores, food, energy, water, and other resources in just-right kinds and quantities to sustain them but not poison them.

OK. Let’s see! Their planet will have to be placed close enough to their star source (let’s call it “sun”) to provide not too hot and not too cold radiation. And this sun must be very stable at the time of my human’s existence.

I will place a very large planet (they will call it “Jupiter”) in such a position to protect the human planet from bombardment of large particles which could destroy their civilization.

Ok. Let’s see! What else will my humans need? They will need knowledge about the universe around them so that they can understand the way I have designed them and created everything about them. I want them to see a loving Designer-Creator. I know! I will make sure that at 13 billion years of time, it will be the right moment in cosmic history to see the whole of cosmic history, all the way back to the beginning. Given the combination of light travel time and the accelerating expansion of the universe, any earlier would be too early and any later would be too late.

But my humans must also be in the right place in the cosmos from which to see the whole of cosmic history. If their planet resided any closer to the brightness of their galaxy’s spiral arms or to any of dozens of other bright objects in the universe, my human’s view would be limited to seeing only nearby space. I will make sure they are properly positioned in their galaxy to have maximum visibility and minimum radiation dangers.

I want my humans to be able to look around and see the greatness of their Creator. Here are my parameters. If the universe is made any smaller or larger, younger or older, brighter or darker, more or less efficient as a radiator, and if my human observers were located where most stars and planets reside, the view would be so blocked as to give few (if any) clues about what lies beyond. My humans would be blind to the glorious realm that I have given them and that they live in.

OK. Let’s see! In general terms, I will have to exquisitely optimize innumerable conditions for the support of humanity and their civilization. Many of these conditions are highly time variable. Therefore I will make sure that this wide variety of independent conditions all reach optimum levels during the identical narrow epoch when my human beings will be created by me. This will testify of supernatural design and purpose rather  than mere coincidence.

I want my humans to KNOW ME. One favorable time window’s alignment with even one other window might be considered an astounding coincidence. But the lineup of so many independent time windows with the brief human moment on my universe calendar will speak to them powerfully of my purpose.

I want the observations of my humans to recognize me as Designer, Creator and Sustainer. How can they not then love me as I love them??